Thursday, August 31, 2006

Overheard on September 3, 2006

'Overheard ' will be an attempt to brush up some of my barely existent cartooning and sketching skills and more importantly to highlight some issues relevant to the region.

Too lazy to use the pen and paper and being not a great fan of scanned drawings, I am doing the 'vector' way in Adobe Illustrator. Who knows, maybe I can invent a particular sketching style out of this ;-)

Some of my earlier experiments with 'vectors' can be viewed here, here, here and here.

7 Comments:

Blogger clayfuture said...

Witty toon strip! It's the case with most people nowadays anyway! Sometimes you have to give "gifts" to get your work done!

Like your artwork on DA

7:27 pm  
Blogger Prometheus said...

Awrite dude, that vector thing is kinda like the thrust vector on them Su-37s.

Special mention for that woke up just now signature image. W's replacing Z's.. uber cool, mon ami.

10:54 pm  
Blogger Woke said...

Thanks clay and Prometheus :)

9:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I want to learn how to make vector arts too. Great idea Woke! I thought of making a mini comic strip on my blog before, but lack of inspiration, idea, and talent had failed me. :D

2:48 pm  
Blogger Woke said...

Cool. Looking forward to the ads. The ones I came across were done by agencies in Europe and US.

9:40 am  
Blogger flamin said...

HP gave me a Mont Blanc pen once; it was a part of an 'exclusive' press gathering to introduce a top-level Manager or something. I cannot stand freebies!

10:04 pm  
Blogger Woke said...

MD,
Nothing as bad as the Phillips blunder eh.

8:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home