Thursday, July 27, 2006

Project Dooble Earth

The possibilities that Google Earth offers are virtually limitless. I have been trying to put together a super high resolution image of key locations in Dubai from several low resolution images available from the application.

It took around 4 hours and more than 40 screen resolution images to create this high resolution satellite picture of Sheikh Zayed Road area which can be printed as a 1 metre wide poster. At this rate, I would need roughly 130 man-hours, a 17x 17 m printing area and lots of ink to complete Project Dooble Earth - A Super High Resolution image of the whole of Dubai. That is if I will be able to keep my sanity and my disc intact after what I increasingly suspect to be a rather pointless and tedious task. But I have not given up yet.

To have a closer look, you can download the actual high resolution image here(8mb).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job...impressive...most impressive :)

I should check out this thing called google earth sometime soon...

1:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. goodluck with the job, don't lose your sanity! great work. ;)

11:32 pm  
Blogger Taunted said...

You really need to get out more...

8:19 am  
Blogger Woke said...

taunted,
I know, I know :D

8:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home