Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Monopoly Dubai Edition - Beta release

So I finally got somewhere making Monopoly Dubai Edition. As SD said, it is quite impossible to classify Dubai in terms of streets, because they are either unheard of, or they are just called Street 100 A, 100 B etc. Besides my familiarity with the places in Dubai is often limited to the mega projects which will get completed in the next 50 years.

I am also trying to put in a little trivia about each location. Hopefully I will learn something new after completing this dubious excercise.

Naif Road
For a while, I thought Naif is actually ‘knife’ which a gentleman living in Dubai for the last 35 years failed to contradict. Later I found that it actually means “mess” in Dublish (Nah, not the Dublin one).

As a spurned lover would say, “You made my life a Naif Road” is a perfect way to end a tragical love story.

Hor Al Anz
My ignorance of Arabic and the local places continued, because the taxi drivers mislead me into thinking it was “Hor lands”. This time I didn’t ask them the spelling.

To be continued..

3 Comments:

Blogger Parv said...

One word - Brilliant.

5:50 pm  
Blogger Woke said...

Mine is more like a spoof. I think you must go ahead and do yours with the chance cards and all that. The RAK edition is a good one too.

2:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There already is a Dubai version on Monopoly. It was sold during the 1990's @ Magrudy's - it looked exactly like the real thing and I think all proceeds went to charity? Perhaps somebody else remembers this. Am just kicking myself that I didn't buy one then. Somebody must have an old edition they'd like to sell????

4:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home